Monday, February 11, 2019

From Ten to Zen

You're in game, be it Quick Play or Competitive. You're putting discord orbs on that highly buffed Reaper in a desperate attempt to save the Reinhardt who is striding towards him without his shield up, whilst your team's Widowmaker is getting twenty shots, one kill and Genji is overextending so much he blends in with the enemy team whilst Mercy is crying in a corner, and you can't help but think:

TiredZenyattaMain: "Why the fuck am I still here?"
AnnoyingGenji: "zero heals mercy and zen kys"
EnemyReaper: "I'm wrestling with some insecurity issues in my life but thank you all for playing with me."
EnemyReaper: lol gg e z


Hi, and welcome to The Life of a Zenyatta Main, a blog I've started whilst running on three and a half hours of sleep, because why not? If that first paragraph describes you, or someone you know, then you or that person are most likely a very frustrated Support main in the popular game, Overwatch. Unfortunately, the more I've been playing Overwatch, the more the above scenario is happening.


In no way do I profess do be an expert player. The highest ranking I've ever achieved in Competitive is 2453, which 30% of the Overwatch population is, and it's pretty much been downhill since then. But that's the point. A gold rank in Competitive is average, and I'm in the high tier of average. Or, I was. Until crappy team, after crappy team led to a sickeningly sad silver rank dwindling in the 1600s. Honestly? I lost count, because I've become so disheartened. All I know is, if you've ever played with a Zenyatta called 'Plania', and you are guilty of overextending, not dealing with the flankers, or insisting on being one of the Genji Brothers™ despite everyone on the enemy team hard countering you, congratulations! You're invited to my funeral, alongside the rest of those fuckers, just so you can all let me down one last time.

The Life of a Zenyatta Main is a blog to detail my rise in my early days, only to have my continuously bad teammates throw me into the pits like Scar did Mufasa, but also the hopeful improvements I myself will receive, so that I can be the kind of Zenyatta who can carry a team of 5 dps (if things should ever sink that low). This is an opportunity for me to share my experiences, be they salty or sweet (although I suspect most will be salty).

I look forward to seeing who gets on board with me,
From a Tired Zenyatta Main

No comments:

Post a Comment